As part of the Bush Music Club’s 60th Anniversary celebrations in 2014, the club is holding a Song, Tune and Verse Writing Competition. There are four different categories and the main condition is that compositions are based on an Australian theme and have a traditional Australian style.
ORIGINAL SONG – of entirely original words with original music or set to a traditional tune.
NEW TUNE / OLD WORDS – an original tune for an existing poem.
DANCE, TUNE or AIR – a new tune not intended as a song.
VERSE – new rhymed verse not necessarily intended as a song.
1. Compositions should be based on an Australian theme.
2. Compositions should be written in a traditional Australian style.
3. Up to three entries per category per person may be submitted.
4. Entries should not have been published prior to January 2013
5. Copyright is retained by the author(s), but the Bush Music Club reserves the right to copy the material for its archives, and to publish the entries in Mulga Wire.
6. All entries must be received by 31st December 2013.
7. It is hoped that winning entries will be performed during the various events in 2014.
8. The following information should be included with each entry:
* Title of song, tune or verse
* Category of entry
* Name and address of composer(s)
* Contact email and/or phone number
* Age (if under 18)
* Number of entries submitted
9. To assist in judging, each entry should include both a recording of the entry and a transcription of the entry (words and music). It is helpful to have only one entry per recording.
10. There is no entry fee.
11. The prize in each category is $100.
Send entries to:BMC 60th Anniversary Song, Tune & Verse Competition
GPO Box 433
Enquiries or Entries to : bmcmail1954 (at) gmail.com